Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Very nice story.

http://largerfamilies.blogspot.com/2006/06/never-alone.html


I just saw this post on my friends blog that she took from someone else's and I laughed and probably would have cried if I wasn't so mad at the screaming going on behind me from Josie and Regan. Anyway, It was very nice and I love big families. I love always being there for each other although I am 1400 miles away from mine right now. But Neil and I have always wanted a big family. We do get funny looks when we go to restaurants like "OH NO look what we will have to deal with" but by the time we leave the waitress is always complimenting the behavior of our kids and what great eaters they are. THat is nice to hear.

I am always told I have my hands full when I go to the store. One day a few years ago Madison asked me "Why does everyone say we have our hands full". I thought that was very cute. I told her it was because we had a lot of kids and some people were not used to it. I love my hands being full. More when they are not screaming at each other (the two youngest ones) but none the less I take a little break and try not to freak out and deal with them and then it can be quiet again for a while.

Now I am not saying you have to have a big family. You can have whatever you can have. We have just been fortunate to have been able to have the children we have received and I wish I could have kids for everyone. Although not now at this point in my life because I am having a rough pregnancy and I think it is because I am getting older.

Anyway, enjoy your families and have a great Day!

1 comment:

alicia said...

I've always thought that people that have large families are special people. Me, I think I'd go crazy with 6 kids, but I grew up in a family of 6 kids as well as did my husband. It's fun getting together. You are very blessed and you children will thank you for it one day.