Sunday, August 3, 2008

YEAH!

There are two things lately that we have desperately been looking for. Ridley has not been able to find his Nintendo DS and Regan had lost Neil's other VW Passat Key, which I did give him in January to play with when Neil was in France and he wanted to hold Daddy's key. So really I blame Neil but anyway, on Friday I thought we have really got to find these two things that are not cheap. Well, I cleaned the TV Room and moved the couches and cleaned under the radiator and everything. Well, we did find the DS under the couch which I swear I have looked under at least 3 times. None the less, I am so excited to have found it. Then I told Madison to take the flashlight and go check for the key under all the radiators. She came running in so excited because she had found a set of keys. But Sorry Madison, it was not it. We thought nothing could have been better than finding those 2 lost things in one day. Well, at least we found one and we will keep searching for the key.

Well, this is the start of doing nothing for the rest of the summer. At least nothing that we need to get to. We are all done our summer activities. Now, Neil is home for a couple of weeks for a vacation and we are going to VEG. I think I am taking the kids to Nauvoo on Tuesday. There is a pageant going on and they love going down to Nauvoo. It will be a lot of fun. I am excited.

And that is about all we have planned. The only thing I want to do is finish cleaning the attic which I am really going through closets and cleaning or organizing the mess. I really need my sister here to tell me to throw things away, I physically cannot do it. So one day Heather we will go through my house. But I will finish cleaning the attic and I will get school supplies. Other than that we are swimming and enjoying the rest of our summer together.

I do think my kids are going to go into withdrawals when they go back to school because they do not have a fridge to run to at least every hour. When we go swimming and we are there for an hour they start dying because they are hungary. I just laugh because I tell them they are just not used to being away from the fridge. I know swimming can make you hungry but it is funny anyway.

It is quite hot here. It is so humid I really just feel like I am in a constant hot flash. And I don't even probably know what a real hot flash feels like. The dew point is very high and it makes is so uncomfortable. I feel like I am in a sauna. It is hard to breath especially after climbing a lot of stairs.

Anyway, I do hate winter, I do hate winter, I do hate winter.

1 comment:

Shea said...

Hi Carrie. I found your blog on Chelle's. Did you hear I cancelled the class get together. I was lame but feeling discouraged. Then I saw Greta at church and she told me I shouldn't worry about other people canceling and just do it. So next year we'll have it and hopefully you'll be there.