Thursday, August 7, 2008

Nauvoo and other things

Well, on Tuesday I drove down to Nauvoo with the kids. There was a friend and her kids that went also. It was hot and we had a lot of kids together but it was really great. We got to sit and watch the pageant that they put on for I think around 5-6 weeks in the summer and it was wonderful. I saw it a few years ago and I really enjoy it. I love Nauvoo, I love the temple there even though the Alberta Temple will always be my favorite. I love the Nauvoo temple and all the history that surrounds it. I can remember seeing where the temple stood before they built it and then driving into Nauvoo after they had built it and it just makes you want to cry because it looks like the picture you see of back in the 1800's when the temple was there. It is amazing that they could have built this beautiful building with out all the things today that we have. AMAZING. I love it. Well, after the pageant which ends at around 10:00 p.m. we set out on our 2 hour journey home. We did not get going until close to 11:00 just getting the kids all together and settled and it is hard to stay awake but we did it. It was very worth while.

Well, things are going well. Neil has been off of work this week. He is taking a couple of weeks vacation and we have really been enjoying him. We have all gone swimming and it is so nice to have the extra set of hands. He has gone out and played football with the kids a lot, which they love. It has been really nice. He is going to be going to France again so we are enjoying him while he is home with us and not working.

Well, I put the kids to bed at 8:00 p.m. tonight. They just all seemed like they were having a rough day and when they seem sad and somewhat not getting a long I love to put them to bed early to get a great sleep. They all went down and I have not heard from them at all. Well, I saw Josie a couple of times but she went right back to bed and I have not even seen her for a while.

I went and got school supplies today and that is always an adventure. I took Austyn and Madison with me thinking they would help out and at one point I thought to myself I have really got to stick with just coming myself. But they did pretty good. The only thing Walmart did not have was pencils. They were totally out of pencils. So I will get some next time.

Anyway, we are getting ready for Back to school. Just a few weeks away. ENJOY THE REST OF SUMMER!

1 comment:

Shea said...

I loved Nauvoo and the area. When is your baby due?