Sunday, June 29, 2008

When I grow up.

Well, summer has been really good so far. We are enjoying the warm weather. Other than the Flood of 2008 which shattered the previous flood crest it has been a very nice time. We have enjoyed the swimming pool, golf, playing at the park and I am sure there are some other fun activities that we have done. We are not going to be going up to Canada this year. We were going to go but with gas prices and the way I am feeling with the pregnancy and how tired I am, I just don't know if I can do the drive. I am excited to stay home and just enjoy our summer together.

There have been a couple things this last week in which is really hard for me to let my children go and grow up. Austyn (11) was invited to go to Adventureland in Des Moines with a friend of hers. She worked for her money that is cost for her ticket and was great. She left at 7:00 a.m. and all day I just had to think to myself that everything was fine with her. I stayed up until Midnight in case she called because she would not get home until then. She stayed at her friends house and they had so much fun. She came home safe and that is great. We just took Madison this afternoon after church to Camp Wapsie. It is a 3 night camp with the YMCA. She is with her Best Friend who is wonderful and I know they are going to have so much fun. It will most likely be harder on me than on her that she is gone but I am okay. I am not looking forward to teenagers because of the worry that I will most likely have. But I guess I will use baby steps to try and feel better about letting them go out in the world without me by their side.

Anyway, things are going good. Neil has his flight booked for France next sunday. He will be gone for 3 weeks. It will be hard not having him around. One good thing I get the bed to myself and I can lay out have pillows all around me and hopefully not be waken up by kids coming in so I can have a great sleep. We will see. It is also nice not to have suppers ready for him when he gets home. We are always excited when he gets home. He will be going a lot in the next few months. I think he is lucky.

Well, I have a child pulling on me so I will run for now.

No comments: