Thursday, June 12, 2008

flooding.

Well, we are totally flooding here in Cedar Rapids. Luckily we are still dry but down town is totally under water. It is crazy. I can't even believe the pictures are from our city. There have been so many evacuations downtown and I just can't believe it. Anyway, if you log onto www.kcrg.com you can see some of the pictures of what is going on. The KCRG TV 9 studio is downtown and they are without power, water and it totally reminds of a movie when the world is ending and they are staying to the end. Anyway, we are good so far but I can't believe how bad it is around Cedar Rapids and some towns all around. Anyway, hopefully we will stay above water and this will all get better soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
I was going to call you when I heard about all the flooding and then I learned about the tornado touching down on that boyscout camp. That was so tragic. I understand it is not too close to you, at least not like the tornados that touched down earlier this year in Georgia. That was too close to Kristen and especially Todd's brother. Before I write too much and discover I can't send it again, I'll try to send this now.
Marilyn