Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Times at Walmart.

I had a friend that blogged about her experiences at walmart and I was laughing today as I was there with my experience. I took the girls to golf which is 1 hour and thought I would run to walmart, take some pop bottles back and get a couple of things. Well, I drove up and got to take pop bottles and realized everyone had the same idea. There was quite a line up of people. I checked what people were taking back and got in line to put plastic bottles in. There was someone in front of me that had quite a bit so I sat and waited. There is another plastic bottle thing but it was full so you could not put more in. So I waited. Luckily Regan was happy. Then, we waited more and when she was almost done it was full so there were two full ones. A guy was there and he emptied it so she started again. Then something happened and it said not working get staff. Dang! So instead of waiting anymore there I went to customer service and returned them there. Great, one thing done. Then I went a got a couple of things I needed and by this time it was almost time to get the girls. I ran to the gas station to get my pop that is always cheap in the summer. (It is 32 ounce fountain pop for .69 cents) It makes my summer. I would love slurpies with ice cream more but since they do not have good slurpies here at all I get the fountain pop and it is great. Anyway, I ran and got the girls. MISSION DONE. We got everything done and came home.

Austyn and Neil went last night and shoveled a basement out downtown and they did say it was quite aweful. I feel so bad for the people that were affected and since we are not going to Canada we will have lots of opportunities to do some service. I know they would not even allow me to be down there being pregnant and they would not allow anyone under 12 to be down but Austyn has wanted to help so bad and so Neil went down with her. They were saying that there were teenage boys who were to cool to where masks that were throwing up after for a while because of all the toxic stuff they were breathing. Austyn and Neil wore a mask and I think Austyn was very happy to help out. Ridley was crying because he wanted to help out but I told him there would be other opportunities to help out.

Well, we are not coming up to Canada this summer. We have done a couple of trips, we went to Georgia for a nephews baptism during spring break, we went to Fargo, ND for Neil's marathon, and it all seems to add up. We love our family but I am somewhat relieved not to drive for 23 hours by myself with 5 kids and 6 months pregnant. I did do it last year but I was not pregnant. I think I am getting old and they are harder on my body. We are going to go to Nauvoo and go to the pageant down there one day this summer and the kids are in Swim lessons until the 1st of August, but we have a family pool pass and we do a lot of swimming. We will have a great summer it just won't be the same to be around our family. I hope they come and visit us sometime. Hint Hint!

Well, Make it a great day.

No comments: