Monday, September 8, 2008

Kids.

Well, I dropped Josie off at preschool this morning and it was harder than I thought but I was still okay. She was pretty quiet when I dropped her off. We drop them off on the sidewalk in front of the school by the street. When I left driving down the road it started raining harder and I felt sad. I am sure she will have a great day and she will come home happy. I am happy she is doing this because I think it will be really great for her. Especially to go to full day kindergarten next year.

Anyway, Regan and I came home and it is raining which is a nice excuse to stay inside and relax. Regan was a little grumpy so he ate and then I gave him some ice cream. I am folding laundry and cleaning up. So it has been a good morning so far. We will pick josie up in a couple of hours and it will be nice to see how her morning was.

I am so glad that the kids are enjoying school. Austyn loves middle school and has been walking to and from school this past week. We live maybe 5 blocks from it and she has a friend she walks with. I am glad that she is enjoying middle school. She is such a great daughter. She is also growing up. I watched Father of the Bride with her yesterday and I cried a lot during the movie just even thinking about her growing up and moving away and getting married. I know it will be a while but I am sure I will look back and wonder where the time went. I am trying to enjoy every minute with the kids which can be hard sometimes when you are ready to send them away but I always try to think about every minute I have with them.

Ridley and Madison are also enjoying school. They are all well behaved kids so we never have any trouble with that which is nice. They get along with people and teachers. I talked with Ridley last night about school and how things are going. He really likes it. He was kind of asking questions about when I have the baby and what will happen with them when I am in the hospital. Neil is going to take 1-2 weeks off and so that will be nice. He is really good to have the kids when I am in the hospital (which I call my resort) I love my hospital stay. He will bring them up and then take them home when it is to much. Anyway, I think I had a great talk with Ridley.

They are great kids and it is when they are gone to school or asleep that I really can look back and miss them. When they are around and not getting along at times it gets very frustrating. They are great though and I am a lucky mom.

There are my thoughts for today. I will get back to putting the laundry away and then vacuuming and then we are done for the day. Have a Great Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie. I'm glad you are doing well and that your kids are enjoying school. I love to read your blog and find out what's going on in your life. You have a great family! Let's do lunch next week!

alicia said...

Glad to hear things are going good. When does Niel get back?

Shea said...

I can't believe you have a middle schooler! We're old!LOL!