Tuesday, January 1, 2008

CANADIAN

Okay, I know this is my second post with in Minutes but I had this on my mind earlier and I just remembered it. We are from Canada and no matter how much we love it down in IOWA it is not our roots. Sometimes I think it could be but today as I watched the outdoor hockey game with the Penguins and Buffalo and all the Hype that went with it being an outdoor game and how all these guys grew up playing on outdoor ice made me long for Canada. Then they sang the canadian national anthem and I said to Neil,"Doesn't that make you want to go back to Canada". He just looked at me funny. Anyway, in Canada every little town has an ice arena and I can remember when the one in our town was outdoors and it was cold but there is nothing like it. Plus when you are a kid it doesn't matter how cold it is. If you are having fun it is great. Anyway, there are times when I long to be back up in Canada. Just because that is my home. Although we do love it here in Iowa and I do consider this home. It is not like home in Canada. Eh!! Anyway, that was just on my mind. Good night!

No comments: