Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer

Well, it is summer. How lovely!! I actually am always so excited for summer. I always picture us waking up slowly after I have slept in until 8:00 a.m. with my kids getting themselves breakfast and not bothering me in my blissful sleep!! Ha, Ha, Ha. The first week is crazy with Austyn having swim camp from 7-9 a.m. the getting Ridley to Cub Day camp then having the rest of the day which was nice and then getting Ridley again. There were more that happened in that week but I can't remember what it was. I have now blocked it out and moved on to this week where I am running all morning taking kids to Discover summer school which is a fun thing for Madison and Ridley to Gymnastics which he will now spend about 81/2 hours at the gym per week. It could be worse but he really wants to become an olympic gymnast so he loves to do it.

Well, there have only been a few times that I have cursed summer holidays!! But then I get the kids doing something so I can have a little break and then it is all good. I am happy Regan will be going to preschool next year. Anyway, I love them home and it has overall been nice. We have gone to the pool which they love! Reece even loves it now. He was not to excited about it at the start.

Thanks for all your comments. I am glad to see that people read my blog and care about "The Roelofs Story".

Enjoy your DAY!

4 comments:

Chaney said...

You have to love being busy during the summer! We are the same way here, and truthfully it would be awful boring to have nothing to do!

Karena said...

It's always nice before summer break starts. We are under a wonderful illusion that we'll sleep longer, spend more time as a family, and a lot of other fantasies. This dreams will never be, but it feels good at the time. It's like getting a little epidural...it's wonderful until it wears off!

Shea said...

Oh wow! I don't do anything in the summer. We get seven peaks passes and that's it. I'm a lazy mom. Glad to see the blog up and running again. I added you back on my blog roll.

Unknown said...

Cool blog, inspiring stuff. would appreciate feedback on mine http://www.1nomad.blogspot.com all the best and keep up the good work.