Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It has been a while.

I don't know how I could not blog for so long. I have just been busy and I really think of things to blog but I don't spend a lot of time on the computer as of late.

Well, the kids have finished school. I always get to the end of the year and am very excited or it to be done. I was a little nervous because I didn't feel like I had enough off time during the year with Reece being born and so forth but I am excited. These last couple of days of summer holidays have been great. It is nice to kind of do what we want to do. Although we have been busy the last couple of days.

We are going up to Canada this summer. I am very excited about this. Not excited about the drive but excited to see family and friends and just have a great time. It is always so nice to be around family. I was reading a friend of mine's blog when she went and was with her family in Utah and how they laughed and had so much fun. I love that about being around family. We laugh and laugh and sometimes pee our pants but that is okay. It is so much fun and I am excited to have a lot of fun. We will be there for a few weeks and Neil will come up after we have been up there for a week and then he and his dad and some of the kids are going camping. It should be fun. They are excited.

Well, I RAN OUTSIDE AND I DID IT AND DID NOT DIE!!!!, I am running a 5K run this weekend with Austyn (my oldest daughter) and so we have been running outside the last couple of weeks. The last time I tried it I got around the corner and just about died. Well, I finished it by walking. Well, I started running 3 miles on the treadmill and did not stop so I thought I could run at least 1.5 miles without stopping. Well, we have been doing 2 mile runs and last night we did a 3 mile run together. It has been so much fun. I cannot believe how excited I am to run now. I told Neil I would like something to track myself now. He had asked me a few months ago if I would like something like that and I said it really does not intrest me. But I told him I am now a professional runner and would like something. I don't know what I need but we will find it. Something not to technological of course.

Life is good at the Roelofs. The weather has not been too hot which is nice. Life is good. Happy running!!!

1 comment:

Shea said...

Good job on the running. We are leaving for home on the 3rd so I'm going to miss you. Maybe next time, eh?