Wednesday, January 21, 2009

RUNNING

Well, I know, I am blogging 2 days in a row. I have to catch up from all the time I missed. Well, I just finished running on the treadmill. I have been running 3 times per week and do a 30 min run which includes a warm up and cool down. I have been doing the glute toner and waist reducer profile on it and it has been good. Today I did the glute toner and it just about killed me when I first did it because it goes to a 12.5 incline. But I finished it. Today I stayed on the Level 8 and I did not go down a notch. I am very proud of myself. I listen to the radio that is down there. I do have a ipod shuffle that Neil got me, for some reason all the songs are off of it and I don't know how to put them on. (I do have a finger and thumb shaped as an "L" on my forhead). I HATE figuring things out like that. computer stuff, camera stuff, ipod stuff. Anyway, I turned on the radio and "So What" by Pink (I think that is who sings it) was on. That is a song that really gets me pumped up (as they say in the cheer leading world) JOKES. It really does get me pumped up and makes me want to run hard. Next they played "More than words" by Extreme which is slow and a good song that I really like but does not get me pumped up. I figured I needed to get my i-pod going and get all they songs that make me move fast and put them on. The Island Getaway song that Weazer sings is also another one I like. Anwyay, it was a good run and It makes me happy. I tell Neil that my glutes are already showing signs of being toned and my waist is being reduced and he just laughs. Because I have only been doing it for a few weeks, he says it can't happen that quick. I can tell. I can't wait until the spring and we can run together. He likes early morning though. Now me. We will see. Now I am off to get on with the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Shea said...

I have that Pink song on my running playlist also. You need to get that shuffle working, or better yet, get a nano. I've found that Britney Spears has some good running songs. I listen to things when I run that I would never listen to otherwise.

Elizabeth said...

I do the same thing when I start working out. After 2 days I tell Jeremy, "Can't you already tell a difference?" We are just too positive thinking for our own good!

Karena said...

Hey Carrie! I love the blog.