Monday, October 13, 2008

Welcome our new addition.

Well, on October 10, 2008 Reece Nevin was born at 3:36 p.m. I had gone in that morning and was 5 cm dialated and so he stripped my membranes. Hopefully that is not too much info but anyway, I started cramping and contracting right away. I went and got some groceries thinking it would be good to walk around and got Josie from Preschool and met Neil at home. I had friends stay with the kids while I went. THANKS CHAREE, ELAINE and POLLY for helping me out. Well, we got to the hospital and I was then 7 cm. It was moving along nicely. Then at 3:36 p.m. he was born. When they turned me on my side it only took a few good hard very hurtful contractions and I was at a 10. I did have some fentinol medicine which helped with the pain for the last little bit but it was bad. Anyway, he came out and I thought he was bigger a little because it was worse than any of the kids. Well, it ended up his weight was 7 pounds 15 oz and my largest baby before him was 6 pounds 9 oz. It does make a difference in that much weight let me tell you. Anyway, it is done and I am glad of that. We are so happy he is here and is doing well. We came home on Sunday afternoon and the kids had really worked hard at getting the house clean. They did a great job.

Anyway, it is good to be home. I love my hospital stay but I was ready to come home and I am okay if this is our last time at the hospital. I am good with that. I am moving onto our life of raising our kids now and excited for that. They sure are the greatest kids in the whole world and I know that as moms we all feel that our kids are the greatest. But that is how it is supposed to be.

Well, I think we will be off to bed soon. Good night!

7 comments:

Shea said...

Congratulations Carrie and fam. I love the name.

Chelle said...

Congrats Carrie! Glad you don't have to suffer being pregnant anymore! Now on to the real suffering! Just kidding! Can't wait to see pics.

Vanessa said...

Hey Carrie, I am posting for both Shauna and I, she doesn't have much time right now. We just wanted to congratulate you and Neal on your new addition! Glad everything went well. Take care and keep in touch;)

Shelli McCullough said...

I am so very happy for you and your family. Congratulations! I am glad everything went so well. I understand completely the difference that you feel between a bigger baby and a smaller baby. My first 3 were all 7 something and my last guy was 8 pounds 15 ounces. I never thought that I could make a baby that big. You sure can feel the difference in a pound! Wish I was on that side of things with you. I am STILL pregnant.

Mama Deb said...

So glad to hear you had a good delivery and now have a beautiful baby to enjoy. I am sure the whole family is smitten.

alicia said...

Wow, you finally had a good sized baby! Ouch! I'm glad it's over for you and you have a healthy little boy. You're a great mom and I admire that. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carrie! Happy to hear that all went well. How fun to have a new addition - now the trick is to truly enjoy every second of all of the 'lasts' of having a new baby!!