Sunday, November 16, 2008

What to be when I grow up.

I always thought I was grown up and I thought you usually make that decision when you get out of high school and go to school then. But with Reece being our last baby I have been thinking of things I want to do when he starts school. I don't want to do anything full-tiime but something to keep me busy for some time in the mornings or something. I went to Austyn's first band concert on Thursday night and saw the band instructor and thought of the great moments I had with band. I loved being a part of "The Spirit of Alberta" marching band YEAH! That was a lot of fun more now when I look back at it. It was tuff getting up early on cold mornings to go practice in the field. But it was great. So it made me think that would be a great thing to do. Then I went and got a massage on Friday morning and thought of all the people I could help with being a massage therepist. How wonderful that would be. Then I would LOVE to go back and be an OBGYN doctor. Which I know would be very busy and A LOT of school but that is something I am interested in. Nurse, Teacher, Hyvee cashier. I think there are a lot of things that I can think of to do. We will see what happens.

My mom and Grandma just left yesterday after being here for a week. It was so nice to visit with them. For them to see Reece and enjoy the kids. We had a lot of fun. I know travelling is not fun and can be hard sometimes but I am really glad that they came to visit. The kids love to have my mom come and visit.

Reece is doing good. He is very sweet and a very good baby. We have a week of school and then it is a week off for Thanksgiving. I am somewhat excited to have a week off because we can relax and not have to get up early. But I will have the kids home for a week. I love them dearly but school has been nice to have somewhat of a little break. I am sure it will be fun and it will be great. We will see.

It is getting colder and I don't like that but what do you do. I know the kids will enjoy the snow and have fun in it.

Gas is down to 1.95 which is like half of what it was at one point. I am so excited. It is nice to fill up my van. Well, I think I am off to bed. Another week.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Spirit of Alberta...those were some fun days...had to make some sacrifices but in the end?...rewarding!

I'm very jealous you only have to pay 1.95. We are getting there though. I believe we are still at 2.30(ish).

Good to hear your update.

Shea said...

I used to think I'd like to help in marching band someway. Maybe when my kids are in high school they'll want to do it. All options sound good. I had a massage last weekend and I thought it would be a good gig. I paid $1.94 for gas last week!